Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why can't I add a Paper doc to my shared folder?

Emil K. New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I wanted to create a Dropbox Paper document today, after I'd created a shared folder. I thought i could put a Paper "document" in a shared folder, but it didn't find the folder when i searched for it in the dialog box "Add to folder". That is very misleading.

Why is it so stupid? I've already shared one folder, can i really be true i need a separate shared folder if i wanna share a Dropbox paper document? That is stupid, makes it useless.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Share Dropbox paper

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Emil

It sounds like you created a shared folder in Dropbox and also created a Paper doc, is that correct? Dropbox Paper and the core Dropbox product are not connected at this time. We don’t currently have plans to integrate Paper into the filesystem, but stay tuned for more.

To share a doc, all you need to do is send the doc URL or you can explicitly invite them following the instructions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9171

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Share Dropbox paper

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Emil

It sounds like you created a shared folder in Dropbox and also created a Paper doc, is that correct? Dropbox Paper and the core Dropbox product are not connected at this time. We don’t currently have plans to integrate Paper into the filesystem, but stay tuned for more.

To share a doc, all you need to do is send the doc URL or you can explicitly invite them following the instructions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9171

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?