cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I delete a folder?

Why can't I delete a folder?

PsychProf1
New member | Level 2

Context: I was unable to open some files in a shared folder in my browser, so I downloaded the desktop app. Immediately, and I don't recall clicking to give permission for this to happen, my ENTIRE PC started saving into dropbox. I didn't even realize this had happened until I got a message that my dropbox was full. I couldn't see what it was saving, filling up my account, that entire afternoon. Gave up. Today I can see that it was my PC. Like, every file I have. 2G worth.

The Current Problem:

How do I delete this? I can't seem to find an option to delete the folders. If I go in to the individual files, I have a delete option -- but it's 2G of files! What do I do?

Ex 1.PNGEx. 2.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why can't I delete a folder?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @PsychProf1,

The issue name is "Computer Backup" feature. In such case, just turn it off. Take a look on part "Turn off computer backup" and in point 6 choose "Keep content in folders on this PC/Mac", not "Leave content in Dropbox". That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @PsychProf1,

The issue name is "Computer Backup" feature. In such case, just turn it off. Take a look on part "Turn off computer backup" and in point 6 choose "Keep content in folders on this PC/Mac", not "Leave content in Dropbox". That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

PsychProf1
New member | Level 2

Thank you!

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?