cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I download files and folders from Dropbox to my computer?

Why can't I download files and folders from Dropbox to my computer?

Wayne P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am new!

this system as presently experienced is worthless ---so it can't be right? Can't download any folder or file unless through email

1)don't you have simple step by step instructions to download entire folder or pic without going through email
2)once email pic is received, there is no way to down load it --only drag to desktop giving an unacceptable file of 160kb per pic

where do i find instructions?

46 Replies 46

Karen E.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't seem to download a file I received through Dropbox.  It only allows me to copy it and then it won't let me paste it anywhere.

reiner w.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't download or share my folders over 1GB anyomore?? This is a disaster!!! I have been a heavy user since the beginning, and now I am really using it as it should, on the go, I can't use the service anymore... Worse, I really relied on this. In short, I'm fucked. Thank you very much Dropbox. You pretty much fucked me on my trip

Kim A.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The file is not already on my computer unless I am in my Dropbox account.  I need to free up space in my DP account and want to download the files on to my computer to do so.  I do not want to individually download 300 photos.  How do I download the files so I can delete the folders on my dropbox?

Kim A.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Never mind.  Just realized the file was in folders, and I didn't realize that.  Got it now.

John M.168
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a large folder (120Gb) I do not keep it on my desktop folder as it is too big for my HD. I want to Download the entire file to a separate disk on this desktop but i cannot find a direct way to back up my folder from the web?

Can you advise

JJM

Jackie M.17
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why the heck are there all these questions on here and nobody is getting an answer?

Frankie L.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem with my clients. I used to work with dropbox and video files to my clients (big high quality masters) and they could work with my share folder link or direct link to the file without a problem. Now Dropbox has decided to cut down the service to such small sizes that it makes no sense to continue paying for it. I'm really looking for options and opting out of Dropbox.

Linda G.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem of not being able to download a folder or multiple single files at one time. The Help file said sign in to Dropbox website to download, not my desktop app.There is no download option. I want to add my photos and screenshots to a Blu-ray disc for an alternate storage site and to free up Dropbox space. 

Are answers ever given by Dropbox staff in this forum or do we just wait for some other user to figure it out and let us know the answer?

Linda G.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

adedeji s.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I cant download the document I receive to my computer.....really don't just get it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lulu4 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    trevor42 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?