cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Smart Sync

Helpful | Level 6

The file checking tool only found two inconsequential files. All other paths seem to be legitimate. I can access all my files on other computers just fine. The problem seems to be isolated to this machine only. A potentially useful note, this is the only machine I use that uses Office 2019. I use older versions of Office on all other devices.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Is it okay if we reach out to your email associated with your forum profile in order to investigate this further?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

That would be appreciated, yes.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

To provide closure on my particular issue to the rest of the community, I'm replying here. 

Turns out that the problem was with Microsoft Office suite, not Dropbox, as might have been expected from my comment on the Office specific document problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I just had this issue with one user, turns out they had installed the Office apps from the Windows Store rather than their Office 365 software. I removed the apps, installed the desktop software and this fixed it. Thanks for the info.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

This hasn't solved the issue for me at all. Office documents are not the only affected documents. I cannot open PDFs or any other file at all without first making it local. I have tried all the other steps in this thread. Any other ideas?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox Support first, before I found my solution, told me to uninstall Dropbox and then reinstall with a link to the latest version of dropbox. I'd start there if I were you. After that, direct contact with Dropbox Support might give you a better list of troubleshooting steps to follow. There are also other threads similar to this one in the community forums.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. I have already done this, taking care to ensure it was being installed as an Administrator. No dice.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I am a new user and all of my employees whom use a 3D rendering program have the same issue as any refrenced file will not be opened by the master file.......  Were you ever able to resolve this??

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have no idea whether it was something I did to fix it, or it just started working, but it works now. Last I can recall, I stopped caring and it began working at some unspecified time after that. Wish I had more for you.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?