cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't upload files

Why can't I upload files to my Dropbox account?

JoeBrennnan226
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have used dropbox for years, I believe a new version was just installed and now I can't upload files. A simple video clip 848MB. It comes up Error and lost connection. I have internet connection so it is not that. I restarted computer but still does not work. I deleted old dropbox files, and still no go. If I use the basic installer it says it is too large, Can someone help.?

35 Replies 35

Andrea S.13
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hello there. I just upgraded to Pro and since then I have been having trouble uploading files to my account. I keep getting this message when I try to pull in a folder. When I try to pull in an individual file, it says it is uploading but it's no where to be found.

Thanks!

Andrea><br> </p>

Stephan Joseph
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I need to upload 3900 files of 98 gig in total. When I do this the remark from drop box is that it can only load 3000.

what must I do.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Download and install the Dropbox client. Place the files in the local Dropbox folder that gets created and they will sync to your account. If you don't need them stored locally after that, use Selective Sync to remove the local copy of the folders (but ONLY after they have FINISHED SYNCING).

Stephan Joseph
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am not too sure if i understand you.Are you saying that once I have downloaded the program onto my computer I open the file and drag the folder with the files that i want to upload and then it automatically syncs to the dropbox cloud? Or do I still have to do something further to get the folder on the cloud.

Excuse my incorrect use of terminology unfortunately I am not very technically/computer literate

Stephan Joseph
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

When I try and use my android tablet or phone and click on the link in my Dropbox the message comes up saying can't open "Shortcut .ink".

What app do I download in order to open.

Julian O.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Felicia,

The Dropbox desktop application can handle files and folders of any size or number and is the preferred method of uploading files. The web site uploader has a limit of 10GB per file and cannot upload folders, only selections of files. For folders or larger files you need to use the Dropbox desktop application.

You can read more and find a link to download the application here:

https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/desktop-application-overview

For more information on how to add files using the Dropbox desktop application, please visit:

https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/add-files

Regards,

Dom

L C.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am also having trouble with photos stuck in upload.  For days and days.  No FAQ has provided a solution and I do not see that anyone answers the same questions above in this community discussion.  I am about ready to use another program to share my photos with my team.  The amount of time spent on trouble shooting with no resolution is not worth my time or the frustration.  This should be simple.

Donna W.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't get my files to upload. I restarted my computer. Didn't help. I cleared my cookies and cache. Didn't help. Reinstalled Chrome. Didn't help.

When I drag the folder over, the entire DropBox screen gets a green border, but nothing happens. 

Donna W.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I should add that it worked fine when I uploaded something from my work computer. I don't know what else to do to my home PC to make it work again. 

Roger S.27
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

AFTER HAVING NO TROUBLE WITH DROPBOX RE UPLOADS FROM MY MOBILE BEFORE I NOW HAVE MANY AWAITING UPLOAD .I ALSO AM GETTING ANNOYED AT TIME WAITING FOR THIS & MUST CONSIDER LEAVING DROPBOX AS I CANT FIND A SUITABLE ANSWER TO THIS

Need more support?