cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't upload files

Why can't I upload files to my Dropbox account?

JoeBrennnan226
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have used dropbox for years, I believe a new version was just installed and now I can't upload files. A simple video clip 848MB. It comes up Error and lost connection. I have internet connection so it is not that. I restarted computer but still does not work. I deleted old dropbox files, and still no go. If I use the basic installer it says it is too large, Can someone help.?

35 Replies 35

djfrankief
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same issue here. Files show as "uploading" but not happening. Of course I have space in the clowd. Please tell me what's wrong. Any bug? Thanks

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @djfrankief,

Let' s check on some things together:

1) Make sure you have configured your Antivirus/Firewall software to allow Dropbox to run.

2) Make sure you are not running a Beta version of the Dropbox app :

1. Log in to www.dropbox.com using your web browser.
2. Click on your name at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on "Settings".
4. From the "Profile" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and uncheck the box next to "Include me in early releases" if it is checked.
5. Then download the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop application. Once you install the stable build, it might take some time to re-index the files and sync any pending changes.

3) Check for incompatible file names -  You can use Dropbox's "Bad Files Check" webpage here to determine which files are not syncing due to incompatibilities:

4) If you made sure all of the above are configured correctly, please raise a ticket with our support team providing the context of the issue so that we can check what's going on.

Let me know if you need further help!

Thanks!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Vicker
Super User
Go to solution

May I know if your account has enough storage quota for the large file?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey JoeBrennnan226

Thanks for getting in touch, welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

Let me ask you some questions, so that I make sure we're on the same page.  

- Could you check whether there is a different application accessing your video when you are trying to upload it?

- What is the error message you are receiving? 

- Could you restart your computer once and try re-uploading your file? 

- Setting your Upload rate to Don't limit might help you upload your file faster as well. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

JoeBrennnan226
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Jane, For some reason it worked by itself automaticically. I'm not sure if it worked because I put it in the sync folder and it eventually worked or what. I love dropbox for the transfering files, but I find it very difficult to navigate, Just to figure out how to ask for help confuses me, I'm sure it is because I have little experience in usinging it other than trnsfering files, never really went deeper into dropbox, or I'm just not very smart. In either case it worked and hopefully continues to work. I thank you very much for taking your time to help me.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey JoeBrennnan226

Using the desktop application is always the best option, I hope you continue transferring your files from there from this point on!

Just letting you know that you are more than welcome to post any questions you may be having here, it'll be a pleasure to follow-up. 

Other than that, would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT. 

Happy Dropboxing, hope you have a great weekend ahead!

Warm regards,
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Need more support?