cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my recents section on the website still show some files I put in a folder?

Why does my recents section on the website still show some files I put in a folder?

Db1827
Explorer | Level 3

This is probably so easy for others but when I open Dropbox it goes to recent, which is where my approximate 30+ docx are. So I madr a folder and put about 25 in the folder, all went well. But they may be in the folder but they still all show up under recent. it's hard because the names are very similar so all I want to see in recent is the folder and the 2docx I left out of the folder. Why are they still there if there in a folder. Please help. You can email me at [removed per the Community's Guidelines]. Thank you Sincerely

2 Replies 2

Re: Folder

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Db1827, welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

I'm not quite sure I understand the issue here. Could you send me a screenshot of what you're referring to so that I can have a visual too?

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Folder

Michał
Collaborator | Level 9

Hello @Db1827 ,

The "Recent" category is a group of files on which you have recently performed some actions, it does not reflect the structure of your files in any way. To see how your data is arranged on the dropbox drive, click on the link: "All files" and you will see the most up-to-date structure of your data.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Michał Collaborator | Level 9
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?