cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sync Freeze

Why does syncing stop on my device?

jojobo
New member | Level 2

I work for a digital marketing company that uses Dropbox intensively (using the DB homescreen app on an iMac), and the sync continues to freeze when uploading our projects, causing our other team members to not get all the files needed. The files will still be trying to sync after days. A simple computer restart fixes the issue, but we can't keep relying on that due to our workflow. Not sure if this is a DB issue, or more of a RAM computer issue? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emma
Community Manager

Hi @jojobo ,

Thank you for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @jojobo, thanks for messaging the Community!

When you say that the sync is freezing, could you clarify what that means?

In the Dropbox desktop application, does it show up to date, and then started to sync, or does it show syncing constantly and isn't uploading any files?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jojobo
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay. 

The app would show it syncing constantly, but stuck at the same progress and not uploading the certain files. Yesterday it was stuck syncing 6 files with 1min for over an hour, even though there were more the 6 files to sync, until restarting the computer. We do work in large file sizes, and uses a back-up SSD, if it's worth noting. I appreciate any further help!  Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 1.15.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.19.30 PM.png

Emma
Community Manager

Hi @jojobo ,

Thank you for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?