cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have my photos stopped uploading from my iPhone Dropbox app? Videos are still working.

Why have my photos stopped uploading from my iPhone Dropbox app? Videos are still working.

Tara H.1
Helpful | Level 5

Recently (in the last 2 months) my new photos are no longer uploading when I open my Dropbox app on my iPhone. The videos are still recognized and uploaded but not the photos. I’m manually uploading now but it’s cumbersome and disorganized. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why have my photos stopped uploading from my iPhone Dropbox app? Videos are still working.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Tara H.1, thanks for contacting us!

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and re-installing it to see if this helps?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Re: Why have my photos stopped uploading from my iPhone Dropbox app? Videos are still working.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Tara H.1, thanks for contacting us!

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and re-installing it to see if this helps?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Tara H.1
Helpful | Level 5
Jay,

Thanks! The old “turn it off and on again” (with an uninstall) worked. I should have thought of that! Thank you!

Jay
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that it's working for you now, @Tara H.1!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

rad
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same exact error.  Videos = yes.  Photos = no.  

Deleting the app and reinstalling does not help.  

iOS 14.4.2

iPhone 8

rad
New member | Level 2

So it appears that new photos are being recognized and uploaded by the app.  Old (previously ignored) photos, however, are still being ignored.  I have dozens of photos that have not ever uploaded, but the newly-installed app recognized the one test photo I just took, uploaded it, and now says "All done for now".  

Tara H.1
Helpful | Level 5
I had to manually upload all of the photos that were missed before I fixed the issue with the uninstall. In case you don’t know how to do that … Open the app and select “create” at the bottom. Then select upload photos. Select the ones you want uploaded and where. It’s not convenient but it works and hopefully we won’t have this problem again.

rad
New member | Level 2

brilliant.  thank you. 

gabecchan
New member | Level 2

Had the same issue and this resolved it. As per above, turn it off, turn it on, take a new photo and see if it uploads (mine worked immediately).  Unfortunately old photos that have not been synced since the issue occurred do not seem to upload automatically and have to be manually uploaded.

The_Original_kp3
New member | Level 2
I have this exact same problem, or at least thought I did. Before this latest version it was that when you view “photos“ as in the icon at the bottom of the app, it would show you all of the items in Camera Uploads. Now it does not. It seems to only show videos and an occasional photo why I do not understand.
However upon further inspection, if I go to “files“ the icon at the bottom of the app, I can navigate to “camera uploads“ and I can see that indeed it has uploaded all of them. So ultimately it appears that the app is no longer revealing in “Camera Uploads”the full extent of what is actually uploaded via “Camera Uploads”.
Somebody else should check and see if I’m crazy or not.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bobbogum New member | Level 2
    The_Original_kp3 New member | Level 2
    gabecchan New member | Level 2
    rad New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?