cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Dropbox Browser so slow?

Why is Dropbox Browser so slow?

LP_DB
Helpful | Level 5

I use the browser version of Dropbox exclusively, and am baffled as to why the speeds are so painfully slow. 

We have gigabit internet at our studio, and while very other browser-based activity, download or upload can utilise the full bandwidth (commonly seeing 80MBp/s down and upload - on wetransfer for example). Dropbox, however, will typically never go beyond 6MBp/s either way. And opening new browser windows for each file upload is tedious. 

We're paying for a business service here, and I dont see why the featurset of the browser version should be so neutered. 

If there's some sort of setting that's been overlooked I'd love to know.

Thanks

A

10 Replies 10

Sae_
New member | Level 2

So this sounds like it is by design, in which case we should have the ability to allow it to use all the bandwidth while we get something done. I appreciate the attempt at keeping overall experience good, but then (1) say you are doing so and (2) allow the defeat of this feature, at least within limits.  I would gladly tick a "please use all my bandwidth" box overnight to download or upload some more massive data sets.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sae_ New member | Level 2
    puananiila99 New member | Level 2
    RobinM Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?