cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Out of sync Quicktime when streaming from Dropbox?

Why is my .mov audio out of sync when streaming from Dropbox?

GMo1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So I make a Quicktime video in protools.Quicktime plays back in sync.I upload to Dropbox,email link..Quicktime plays back way out of sync when streaming from Dropbox via email link?  If I download Quicktime from Dropbox onto desktop,it plays in sync once again?

Any help is very appriciated! 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

The website is only ever intended as a preview and for best results it needs downloading, but, you could try logging a ticket with support with examples of the links/files to www.dropbox.com/support and then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

44 Replies 44

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

The website is only ever intended as a preview and for best results it needs downloading, but, you could try logging a ticket with support with examples of the links/files to www.dropbox.com/support and then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

slagojr
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having the same problem. All videos uploaded to Dropbox lose sync. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @slagojr, sorry to hear that. 

Could you please elaborate a bit on the behavior that you’re experiencing with your videos? For example:
  • Is the sound not in sync with the video or vice versa?
  • If you’re previewing it from the website, have you tried playing it from another browser or an incognito window?
  • Could you also try downloading the video locally on your device and see how it plays from a third party app?
Any additional info would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GMo1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello-This is GMo1 (I started this post) here's the details of my issue:

I make a Quicktime video in pro tools. The Quicktime plays back perfectly in sync from desktop in various players.

I upload Quicktime to dropbox and email link to Quicktime.When playing Quicktime from link (Streaming from Dropbox) Quicktime video is very out of sync with audio!

This has been confirmed across multiple computers,phones,etc.

If Quicktime is downloaded from Dropbox to desktop,it plays in sync once again.

The workflow of the company requires the streaming from Dropbox to work in sync.

In the past, I've sucessfully uploaded literally hundereds of Quicktime videos to Dropbox and had links play back perfectly. Nothings changed on my end. Would really love to get this figured out please.

BTW- I've tried converting Quicktime to many different video types and sizes.No improvment.

Your help most appriciated!

Thank you!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @GMo1, sorry to hear that you’re still having trouble with this. 

In order to have a more in-depth look of the behavior you’re experiencing, I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

slagojr
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am facing a strange problem. I upload the video with audio in sync. When streaming it at Dropbox, it plays out of sync and if I download the file from there it still out of sync!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me, @slagojr

Bearing in mind that Dropbox cannot and does not alter your files in such a way, if you download the video locally on your device and it still plays out of sync, it likely means that the video was uploaded like that. 

If you feel like this isn’t the case, try playing the video from another browser, or downloading it and playing it with a different third party app. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

marcusmcgill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You say that dropbox doesnt alter the files in such a way as to cause this problem. But i too am having the same problem. I dont think all of us could be having the same issue independently wihtout there being an issue with dropbox's streaming of uploaded quicktime vids. I download the file and the audio is synched with the video the way it should be. Its like watching the old Godzilla movies. Mouths move and the sound comes later. Very frustrating.

How about a fix?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @marcusmcgill

In order to have a closer look into this, due to account-specific info that'd be necessary to investigate, we'd have to move this discussion to email. 

As such, I was able to locate your ticket and can see that a member of my team has reviewed and replied to you. I've also made them aware of your comments, so when you have the chance, please check your inbox for their latest message. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?