cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Out of sync Quicktime when streaming from Dropbox?

Why is my .mov audio out of sync when streaming from Dropbox?

GMo1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So I make a Quicktime video in protools.Quicktime plays back in sync.I upload to Dropbox,email link..Quicktime plays back way out of sync when streaming from Dropbox via email link?  If I download Quicktime from Dropbox onto desktop,it plays in sync once again?

Any help is very appriciated! 

Thanks!

44 Replies 44

rbmusic78
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi i am experiencing the same frustrating problem. I reached out to technical support and was told that my query can only be handled by the Help Center or community forums and they were closing my ticket without getting further information to an important issue that is clearly unresolved for many of your customers. I am trying to communicate with directors and sound designers and this issue is holding up the project. Please can someone reach out asap and advise how to proceed.

It should also be worth noting that i also use Google Drive and have never 1) never experienced these kinds of issues and 2) been ignored when trying to bring any issues to their attention. 

Thanks 

jakeviator
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Same problem here, submitted over chat earlier. Exported a .mov video from Pro Tools and audio is out of sync in Dropbox Preview in Safari, Chrome, iOS and Dropbox Mobile App. After download, audio is back to normal on local drive. Tested by several others on different computers, in different states.

Codec of video is listed as "Timecode, Linear PCM, H.264" in Get Info.

Mac Mini 2018 10.14.6

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for nudging us, @rbmusic78 and @jakeviator

It could be affected by the codec. If you've already tried downloading it locally and it plays normally, could you try converting the video to a different file type and upload it to the website again?

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

robbieryde
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Audio and visual out of Sync. 
I have read the dropbox is not a view platform but it has all the capabilities of one; Private viewing, link sharing and the ability to add password protection and turn off the ability to download. These features make it great to share content you want viewable only. I need to share video files consistently for a number of different reasons- We have just started posting videos of Zoom recordings and they seem to be the worst the audio sample rate is 32khz which could be the reason? Or the fact that they are a lot longer files (not too big 2gb for 1 hour) but the playback is very slow to load. The sync does not drift, it is out from the start on some which I find very odd if dropbox doesn't alter the video and audio as you mention consistently on other comments? And it is much worse on some video files than others? Very confusing and frustrating. I'm a massive advocate for dropbox but am currently having to look for alternatives until this problem can be resolved

reefshark
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It's not Dropbox, some video formats just don't stream well.

Try converting the Zoom recording to a format you know works.

I was having this problem with multiple video sources from different clients.

A Quicktime video file with these Codecs works for me: Timecode, Linear PCM, H.264

I also downgrade the embedded audio file to 16bit so it soesn't tax the stream.

Nuviz Media
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I too have had this issue. I am a videographer and editor so I know how important it is to have the music synced to the video specially rap videos where I use cuts and transitions at the sound of hihats, bass drop etc. Feeling frustrated I sat there looking at my LG speaker bar connected to my computer via Bluetooth. Then it hit me. Bluetooth has a natural delay from the source of sound to speaker output. Might be a few milliseconds, but that’s all it takes to ruin a shot composed of consecutive cut transitions to the beat.

I hope this is the case with all the other complaints and I hope it resolved your issue.

Not sure what skin color you are and you don’t know mine but this is how we should live as a society. Helping each other without having to know who is at the other end. God bless you and peace ✌🏽

michael J.30
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@reefshark wrote:

It's not Dropbox, some video formats just don't stream well.

Try converting the Zoom recording to a format you know works.

I was having this problem with multiple video sources from different clients.

A Quicktime video file with these Codecs works for me: Timecode, Linear PCM, H.264

I also downgrade the embedded audio file to 16bit so it soesn't tax the stream.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey thanks for this! I'm going to try it. I had taken to zipping the video files so that they had to be downloaded on the receiving/viewing end. I'll try your settings in MPEG Streamclip and see it that solved it. Thanks again!

educufirst
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am having the exact same issue. Please help!

robbieryde
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
So I believe I found a solution. Make sure in your zoom settings that the recording setting is set to the higher standard and not the storage optimised. I’ve found this makes the files much more compatible across multiple platforms

cb1234veryannoyed
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

OMG- it's also happening with ZOOM. I am so disappointed with everything dropbox right now. 

Need more support?