cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my .mov audio out of sync when streaming from Dropbox?

Why is my .mov audio out of sync when streaming from Dropbox?

GMo1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So I make a Quicktime video in protools.Quicktime plays back in sync.I upload to Dropbox,email link..Quicktime plays back way out of sync when streaming from Dropbox via email link?  If I download Quicktime from Dropbox onto desktop,it plays in sync once again?

Any help is very appriciated! 

Thanks!

44 Replies 44

jannieves
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I got the same problem. Can you email me at [personal information removed] ? Please.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jannieves, thanks for checking in with us!

I'm only able to contact you to the email address connected to your Community profile for security reasons and have removed the one you mentioned in your post for privacy purposes. 

As such, I've sent you a ticket, but if you'd prefer a different email address than the one I've contacted you on, submit a ticket to our Support team and let me know its ID so that I can have a look into it. 

Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

reefshark
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I LOVE that support is replying to this problem OFFLINE without posting a solution, if there is one. 

I was not having this problem, but now I am. And, now that I have it I can't seem to make it go away. 

Has anyone figured this out?

Incompatible sample rate between audio and picture files?

Is Dropbox separating the the audio file, compressing it and putting it back?

The audio always shows up early.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @reefshark, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

The cause for this behavior may be due to various reasons, however, to make sure that we cover as much ground as possible and due to account specific info that may be required, we continue via email.

In general, the first steps to troubleshooting this is to try previewing the link from another browser or an incognito window, as well as downloading the video to see if it previews correctly or the issue persists. 

If you've checked these out already, let me know the results and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

EmmaLundy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I've tried all of the above and still having the same issue. Can i have some assistance please?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @EmmaLundy, I'd be more than happy to help. 

I've sent you a ticket, so when you get the chance, check your inbox. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

reefshark
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I was having this problem a few weeks ago. It started when the clent sent me a new video format. I discovered it was related to the codec in the video. I no longer have the videos that didn't work, but if you are using a QT with Timecode, AVdn codec and convert that same as source to something that will play on your mac desktop, it will stream. If you are not using a mac, this may or may not help. It's all about the codec.

emccurry
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am also having this issue with some of my videos I’ve uploaded. I’d appreciate some help. Thanks!

flyingsuperkids
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Having the same problem here. 
Can we please have some help also? 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @emccurry and @flyingsuperkids, thanks for nudging us on this thread.

As a first step, could you check out what @reefshark mentioned and see if their suggestion helps? 

If you're still having trouble with this, could you try downloading the file in question and see if it plays normally when you preview it locally? 

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

miloshima16 New member | Level 2
    reefshark Helpful | Level 5
    JimH3 New member | Level 2
    GingerWolficorn New member | Level 2
    cb1234veryannoyed New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?