cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my video audio out of sync for video files uploaded to Dropbox?

Why is my video audio out of sync for video files uploaded to Dropbox?

criehl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have .mov file I created in which the audio sync is correct on my computer (Mac). But when I upload the .mov file to my DropBox account, the audio is out of sync in the copy on DropBox.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

30 Replies 30

MikeyL
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Rich . 

It would be great if such a disclaimer appeared when previewing . At least until the issue is fixed .

I use Dropbox (pro) to preview my film work for clients. It just doesn't look very pro when it's out of sync! 

Making people download files isn't ideal , especially when the preview function on youtube pruvate clips works fine . 

As for the ZIP download issues on large files. Well , that's a whole other story 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @MikeyL, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

I just wanted to check with you if you've tried previewing the video(s):

• Using another browser?
  • From an incognito window?
  • Without running any third party browser extensions?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tedddybass
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Im having the same issue as well Lusil.  I typically use Chrome, but have tried in Safari, Incognito mode, on my cell phone (Pixel 3), Mac and Windows Surface, and the issue persists on all platforms.

A member mentioned earlier, the audio not syncing properly only appears in the preview version - When downloaded to a device, the issue seems to resolve itself.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tedddybass

Thanks for trying out some initial troubleshooting - definitely helps in giving us a better understanding of the behavior. 

I've sent you a ticket to the email associated with your Community profile to have a better look into this matter with you. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ArtyomK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Lusil,

Is there any development around the issue?

Im still experiansing the issue. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @ArtyomK, it’s Jane this time; thanks for the nudge! 

Would it be okay if I reached out to you on the email address connected to your Community profile to examine a specific video preview & see if I can re-create the behavior on my side? If you confirm, I’ll create a ticket on our system for you & continue our discussion there.

Keep me posted on how you'd wish to proceed in your next message. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ArtyomK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Jane, Sure you can reach me on the email connected to my profile!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ArtyomK; how are you today?

As my colleague @Jane is currently out of office, I just went ahead and sent you an email so we can dig deeper into the issue you seem to be having.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox for my message and get back to me there so we can pick this up from there.

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

melguerison
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, Any updates on this? I also use dropbox pro to share scoring drafts with filmmakers and ad agencies and it is almost 100% consistently out of alignment audio/video wise in preview mode. Please address this!! Enough people are dealing with this and we are paying you every month to use a professional service! 

[personal information removed for security purposes and to align with our Community's Guidelines]

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reporting this @melguerison!

Can you post a (sample as a test) shared link to a (also sample, test) problematic file so I can have a look on my end? 

Could you also let me know if you've been through what has already been suggested in this thread? 

On a side note, I removed your email address from your post for security reasons. If you like to look into this with our support team and account specific info, please log a ticket by clicking on the 'Contact support' button on the upper right corner on any page you navigate within our Community. 

In either case, please keep me posted! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

InsaneNest New member | Level 2
    ariadesigns New member | Level 2
    Guitan Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?