cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my video audio out of sync for video files uploaded to Dropbox?

Why is my video audio out of sync for video files uploaded to Dropbox?

criehl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have .mov file I created in which the audio sync is correct on my computer (Mac). But when I upload the .mov file to my DropBox account, the audio is out of sync in the copy on DropBox.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

30 Replies 30

tedddybass
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for looking into this. Here is an example. [removed by Moderators for security purposes]

It occurs with just about every HD video. I assume it's something to do with the compression creating a noticeable difference in the audio and video

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the sample shared link @tedddybass!

I think I know where you got your nickname in our Community now - great fishing skills (if that was you in the video after all) by the way! 

Also, I think you're onto something here as you mentioned that it happens with HD videos in general and only upon previewing those files on our website.

At this point, we'll need to investigate further with all of our tools at our disposal so please let me know if you'd like me to reach out via the email address you've connected to your Community's profile.

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tedddybass
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Ha! Thanks Walter! That would be great. Happy to help in anyway I can!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for helping look into this @tedddybass!

I just sent you a brief message so please take a look at your email's inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Talk soon :envelope:

PS: By the way, I'm removing the shared link to the video in question from your post to prevent bandwidth issues. Thanks for sharing in any case though :grinning:

Walter
dropbox.com/support

AlonerCRO
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can't believe how Dropbox is bad currently, I'm using it for years for my business and now I can't anymore.

I'm a video editor and I'm sending videos to my clients all the time, and they keep asking for revisions just because videos are out of sync on Dropbox preview, and they last longer with black screen on the end without a reason.

There are no any problems with my files when I'm using a player to see them on my computer.

Does anyone have same problem?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @AlonerCRO; welcome to our Community!

As your query seems to echo this discussion here, I moved your post under this thread to keep things neat around our Community.

Can you let me know if any of my previous suggestions (clearing your browser's cache, trying an incognito window or another browser) improve this at all?

If not, may I reach out via your Dropbox associated email address to have a further look internally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Guitan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here...would be great to see this issue addressed.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Guitan; thanks for joining our discussion here.

Would you mind providing some additional info about the issue you're noticing along with any troubleshooting you might have performed to make sure we're on the same page?

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Guitan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Uploaded quicktime video in various codecs...playback is out of sync. Had to use Google Drive, where no issue existed.

ariadesigns
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey, 

joining the thread on this-I am exporting out of a Logic Audio session-same issue with audio/video not in sync when streaming-local file is working fine.  I was in a 48K session converting to 44.1 for the QT movie-I think that when streaming-something is happening because of that conversion-I exported a 48K QT file and it streamed in sync. I put my session into 44.1 and exported a QT file and that also streamed fine. Try not converting audio when exporting and see if that works. Again-my local file worked fine-it was just streaming that was out of audio video sync. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

InsaneNest New member | Level 2
    ariadesigns New member | Level 2
    Guitan Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?