cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the MP4 not playable on the site?

Highlighted

Why is the MP4 not playable on the site?

New member | Level 2

I have some video footage from my DJI Mavic mini drone. When I took out the SD card and placed it into my Mac I could see all the footage through Quick Time Player. But for the past week when I try to view the files it's saying MP4 not supported. I was told to upload to dropbox and see if the file would play, but it's saying ".mp4 files are supported but something went wrong."

Can somebody tell me what happened to my file and how to fix it? Would love to salvage this footage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hs3vvbo7m7721z/DJI_0002.MP4?dl=0

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: File Not supported

Dropboxer

Hi @Savv Exposure, thanks for messaging the Community!

It sounds like the MP4 file itself has been corrupted in some way prior to being uploaded to Dropbox, which is why you can't preview it on your machine, or after you're uploaded it.

Perhaps there's an issue with the software used to create the video, or some other unknown hardware issue. Could you try using a different SD card for instance to see if this helps?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

The video was recorded on my drone and stored on my drone's SD card. When I took the SD card out and inserted it into my Mac, all of my videos were fine, and have been accessible for over a week. I haven't used any editing software or made any changes to the videos, but about 2 days ago when looking at the videos on my SD card, one video, in particular, was now not accessible. The message read " File Not Supported". There was no changes or alteration to this once playable video. I'm trying to figure out the best way to salvage this video, if possible.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It sounds like there was some change to the file itself then it it no longer plays.

If the file wasn't synced to your Dropbox account while it was working, then it wouldn't be possible to recover and older version of it via Dropbox.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?