cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't there a clear customer support contact page?

Why isn't there a clear customer support contact page?

Helpful | Level 5

First, I couldn’t find a help and support email for this problem or clear contact page to ask for help.  The help page has no way to contact someone for help from the looks of it.

For some reason Dropbox made me request access to this folder that has been share with me after I made space for it because Dropbox said I was out of space even though I clearly had enough space for it.  It told me I didn’t have enough space and then after deleting everything and all share folders, it then told me I didn’t have access to this folder that was clearly shared with me and gave me the option to request access.  What is going on here? 

Why was it saying it was full when it was not?  Why is it so hard to find a way to get help?  Why would I pay for a service that doesn't provide a way to get real help?  How is it that someone can share a folder with me and it says I don't have enough space at first and then when I make space by going through all the work of making space, it makes me request access to a file someone has sent me a link to access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why isn't there a clear customer support contact page?

Collaborator | Level 10

Hi there

I am also not a forum poster, except for this one, as I love the product and believe in it, and I like to help people. With all the integrations like HelloSign, Slack, and thousands more, Dropbox has progressed to remain a serious player in the cloud storage arena. I am excited about Vault, Passwords (although that can be improved) and the speed of syncing data that is in my personal tests 80% plus faster than Google or Microsoft.

Dropbox runs a business. For their Dropbox Business customers there's obviously a different support channel in place with faster SLAs. I agree that their support process can be improved on for Plus and Pro customers. It can be simplified. Basic customers should not expect a high SLA for support tickets, as they are not paying customers. It is just the way business works.

And that is the reason why they have the Dropbox Community where people like you and me (users, partners of which I am both) can help others that face issues. Also, the Dropbox Community has actual Dropbox staff members on here to assist with more advanced queries etc.

Just my thoughts.

Regards

Casper

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Dropboxer

Hi there @blinzy, I hope you're well today!

Your Support options depend on your accounts current plan, and you can check them out from here. I'd be more than happy to help from here though!

For the account showing as full, did you checking your Plan tab here to see how much space you were using at the time?

Also, can you clarify for me where you tried to add the folder to your account from?

If you received the notification for the shard folder in your email, then if you're signed into a Dropbox account under a different email than the one received the email to then this can lead to the "Request access" window.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Why are there so many "Dropboxers" that just seem to toe the company line - not really helping at all?

Collaborator | Level 10

Hi designwallah

Can you please be more clear on what you mean? I think the "Dropboxers" on the forum is doing a phenominal job.

Regards

Casper

Helpful | Level 5

The system makes us use this forum or a bot that doesn't really work for a question like this.  Why do I want to use a forum? 

Why aren't they just upfront about it and say that this is the only way to get help instead of saying that there is a contact forum page that doesn't exist? And then after I am irritated at not have a access to any real help from the company I am forced to post on a forum to get help because there is not a way to ask a simple question without posting to a forum, which isn't obvious. 

I am not against forums, but I have never liked posting to forums anyway.

I figured out how to fix the problem myself, and this posting didn't help me out at all really.  Just a waste of time.

Collaborator | Level 10

Hi there

I am also not a forum poster, except for this one, as I love the product and believe in it, and I like to help people. With all the integrations like HelloSign, Slack, and thousands more, Dropbox has progressed to remain a serious player in the cloud storage arena. I am excited about Vault, Passwords (although that can be improved) and the speed of syncing data that is in my personal tests 80% plus faster than Google or Microsoft.

Dropbox runs a business. For their Dropbox Business customers there's obviously a different support channel in place with faster SLAs. I agree that their support process can be improved on for Plus and Pro customers. It can be simplified. Basic customers should not expect a high SLA for support tickets, as they are not paying customers. It is just the way business works.

And that is the reason why they have the Dropbox Community where people like you and me (users, partners of which I am both) can help others that face issues. Also, the Dropbox Community has actual Dropbox staff members on here to assist with more advanced queries etc.

Just my thoughts.

Regards

Casper

View solution in original post

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Casper,

I wish this was explicitly stated by dropbox.  It was just very irritating to me to be told to follow a link to a contact page for help, and then feel decieved when there is no way to contact anyone for help.  There is this forum, but it would be helpful if there were a statement like yours explaining the situation.  I was very frustrated and irritated by the situation.

Collaborator | Level 10

Glad I could be of assistance.

Regards

Casper

New member | Level 2

i am a business account and spend almost 1K a year and still can't get the help I need.. I am beyond frustrated. I need to TALK to someone who sees my account info and can help me from a place of knowledge not general info

Dropboxer

Hello there @Seniors _Choice, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with this!

You can see the Support options available for your account's plan from here.

Since you mentioned using a Business subscription, Business team admins can also call the Support team with the info in their Help tab of the admin console.

If you're still having trouble with this, please let me know exactly which subscription that's shown in your account's plan page here.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?