cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Dropbox work with iPhone optimize storage option?

Will Dropbox work with iPhone optimize storage option?

kerryf88
New member | Level 2

So at the moment I have Dropbox installed on my phone to automatically upload any new photos from my camera roll onto my Dropbox. However as my iPhone is running low of storage, I want to enable the “optimize photos” option on my phone, which means that full resolution photos from my camera roll will be uploaded and stored in my iCloud (which I also have plenty of storage space), and in turn my iPhone will store a lower resolution copy on my phone’s local storage to save up space. However I’m not sure if this will happen before Dropbox has the chance to upload the full resolution? Because I don’t want Dropbox to upload and store the low resolution copy.

1 Reply 1

Re: Will Dropbox work with iPhone optimize storage option?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @kerryf88, thanks for checking in with us. 

When you enableOptimize iPhone Storage in your iCloud Photo Library, your full-resolution files will be saved in iCloud.

Since those versions of your images are stored in iCloud, our camera uploads needs to connect to the iCloud servers, so as to upload each full-resolution image to your Dropbox account.

This can work, but it might mean that the processes is slowed down as it depends on the strength of the connection to the iCloud servers.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?