cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the person I share a folder with have access to all files added to the folder?

Will the person I share a folder with have access to all files added to the folder?

Grifo
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I am new to Dropbox and I am getting my hands on it.

The thing I would like to know is about folder sharing. I have uploaded mp4 videos inside an online Dropbox folder. I followed the instructions, that is, sharing the folder with the videos thanks to a user e-mail.

My question is: now that the folder is shared thanks to the user e-mail, can this user automatically have access to the new videos without doing anything else, without providing a new sharing link?

Thank you for your help.

3 Replies 3

Re: Will the person I share a folder with have access to all files added to the folder?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @Grifo, I hope you're having a good day!

When you share a folder, the recipient will have access to all content within that folder, without you needing to keep re-sharing any new content that's added.

Any new files that you add to the folder, they will be able to see in the shared folder in their account too.

This applies for you too, for any files they might add to the folder too, if they have edit access to the folder.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Will the person I share a folder with have access to all files added to the folder?

Grifo
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you a lot.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Happy to help @Grifo!

Give me a shout here anytime, if you have any other questions! 😀

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?