cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will upgrading to Plus account allow me to access a file I can't DL due to exceeded storage limit?

Will upgrading to Plus account allow me to access a file I can't DL due to exceeded storage limit?

New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I shared a folder with someone who uploaded a large file that caused me to exceed the storage limit on my free Basic plan and the file won't download fully as a result. I can't be the first user this has ever happened to.

My question is, will upgrading my account to a Plus plan allow me to download the full file, which is approximately 9 GB, or will the sender of the file need to upload the file again before I can DL it, thereby wasting more of their valuable time and data? I need to know for certain as this is a time sensitive situation that is not business related.

If anyone has dealt successfully with this situation, what plan would you recommend, Plus or Professional?  2TB should be plenty for my needs. Thanks in advance...

1 Reply 1

Re: Will upgrading to Plus account allow me to access a file I can't DL due to exceeded storage l...

Dropboxer

Hi @TK_888, thanks for messaging today!

A Dropbox Plus plan offers 2 TB of quota, so there should be more than enough space for a 9 GB file.

Regarding the file, did they try to upload it to your account directly, or is in a shared folder that you have access to? Are you able to see the file online on your account?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?