cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Will viewers see my name and email if I share a folder and everything in it?

Explorer | Level 4

Title. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Will viewers see my name and email if I share a folder and everything in it?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @johnnyrfingers@Jules3 - welcome to the Dropbox Community; I'm always happy to see new faces around! 

As per your query now Johnny, Jules is correct; as long as you're sharing folders with others, they'll be able to see your email address and name (as registered on your Dropbox account that is). 

I hope this clears things up for you while we're always a post away if you need us. Should you come up with any additional questions; just fire away! 

Happy Friday to both! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Will viewers see my name and email if I share a folder and everything in it?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Yes
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hey, thanks. I always usually check with support with every community question I ask (for any service), so I hope you don't mind me saying that. Just wanna be sure. Thank's though. Won't mark it as "Answered" yet, but if I get the confirmation I will. Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @johnnyrfingers@Jules3 - welcome to the Dropbox Community; I'm always happy to see new faces around! 

As per your query now Johnny, Jules is correct; as long as you're sharing folders with others, they'll be able to see your email address and name (as registered on your Dropbox account that is). 

I hope this clears things up for you while we're always a post away if you need us. Should you come up with any additional questions; just fire away! 

Happy Friday to both! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Okay, cool. Thanks!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?