cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows refuse to sync OGG files

Windows refuse to sync OGG files

erydjunaedy
New member | Level 2

Hello All,

I have a weird situation with my OGG files. I have created a bunch of audio recordings in my linux machine. The files is in OGG format. I have put them in a Dropbox folder on my linux machine.

The folder and the files were uploaded without any problem. I can see them through Dropbox web in my linux machine.

However, the files did not go through to my Windows 10 machine. The folder containing the OGG files is there, but it is empty. All the OGG files did not come through with sync.

I confirm that the files is all there in Dropbox. I can see it through the web interface on my Windows machine. But they are not synced on my Windows 10 machine, for whatever reason.

No, the folder is not on the selective sync folder. I have tried this twice on two different folders, with the same result.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Re: Windows refuse to sync OGG files

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @erydjunaedy ,

Be careful with the file names. Windows is relatively restrictive about acceptable symbols in a file/folder name! Are you sure all used symbols are acceptable in Windows environment? 🧐 Try create a dummy text file on your machine with same name as some problematic file (just different extension). Error message will show you what exactly is going wrong. 😉

Hope this helps.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?