cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Working on the same file on two computers and synching it automatically based on latest changes

Working on the same file on two computers and syncing it automatically based on latest changes

gaspy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I am working on a manuscript on laptop #1, I am automatically backing it up to Dropbox. I want to make sure that when I switch to laptop #2 it has the latest I worked on from laptop #1. Then when I make make changes to the laptop #2 version I want that to update the Dropbox file, so that when I switch to laptop #1 I have the latest changes from laptop 2. Is there a way to automate that?

Do I run the risk of updating my latest version on Dropbox with an older version from one of the two laptops?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@gaspy wrote:

Is there a way to automate that?

That's already how Dropbox works. As long as you have the Dropbox application installed on both computers, any changes made within the Dropbox folder on one computer are automatically synced to your account online, and then to the other comptuer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@gaspy wrote:

Is there a way to automate that?

That's already how Dropbox works. As long as you have the Dropbox application installed on both computers, any changes made within the Dropbox folder on one computer are automatically synced to your account online, and then to the other comptuer.

Need more support?