cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on the same file -one version not saved

Working on the same file -one version not saved

Crignac
Explorer | Level 3

One person was working on a file. She didnt closed it on her computer. I opened it via the dropbox app, on my desktop with Word. Worked on it for 2 days and saved it many times. She told me she cant see any of my changes so i saved one last time my version and closed it... and now we cant find this version anywhere. Not on my computer or on Dropbox. We can only find the last version she had... seems like mine existes nowhere.

4 Replies 4

Re: Working on the same file -one version not saved

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @Crignac, let's see what we can find on this. 

When you and the other member check the version history of the file, do you see the version that should contain your edits?

If you edited the file locally, is there any chance that there's a copy of the file elsewhere on your device? 

Have a look and let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Crignac
Explorer | Level 3
We cant see the version i was working on in the files history (none was updated by me!). And it's nowhere to be found on my computer (Which is the case for the other documents I'm working on and that i opened via dropbox).

Crignac
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil ; I have the same problem today. It seems like it's more of a synchornisation problem finally. But how could I find where it has been saved? When I save the document, it doesn't show on Dropbox  and I can't find where it's been saved. 

Lusil
Dropboxer
Could you send me a screenshot of the app's syncing status? 

You should be able to see it by either clicking or hovering over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?