cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non hai l'autorizzazione per creare un link a questa cartella

Highlighted

Re: Don't have permission to create a link to this file

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yeah same issue here

Highlighted

You dont have permission to create a link to this content random error

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Guys 

We have been using dropbox for 3 years and its the first time we are seeing this error 

"You do not have permission to create a link to this content"

now its not doing this to all folders, the folders in the main directory can create links successfully but files and folders within these folders are giving us the error 

We are using the owner account and i have tried both on the app and on the web console. 

Highlighted

Re: folder public link creation error

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out @matt b, @Moggymog and @nicholaskiron!

We'll need to have a look into this through our Support channel alongside some account specific info.

Depending on your account's plan, you can check out your Support options from here.

If you have any trouble creating a ticket, please let me know and I can assist with this from my side.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Dropbox has disabled sharing "you dont have premission to create link"

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

So a service that's meant for file storage and sharing, locks you out when you actually store and share files. That's great!!

Since DropBox has now brought my workflow to a halt, I'll be looking for another solution and taking my business elsewhere.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Sogl, thanks for nudging us on this thread, and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Generally, the first time you see a banned link error message, your link or file request will be disabled for 24 hours.

After the 24 hours, if you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to get back to us and we'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

Thanks again!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

You do not have permission to create a link to this file.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

When I try to "create a link" for sharing, an error appears: "You do not have permission to create a link to this file.".

This happens both in the mobile application and in the web version.

It seems to me that my account has been blocked for sharing files (I don't know why). And I would like to have the possibility of sharing files.

I've tried many times to contact the Dropbox support, but I have no success.

Highlighted

Re: You do not have permission to create a link to this file.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @cfgnunes, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I've sent you a ticket so that we can investigate this matter a bit more in-depth. 

When you have a moment, check your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Because of this problem, I've found a better solution: I'm switching to Google Drive + Insync app. It is better than dropbox. And it is cheaper.

Highlighted

Non hai l'autorizzazione per creare un link a questa cartella

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Buongiorno alla Community,

ho un problema nella creazione del collegamento ad una cartella.

- La cartella che voglio condividere con link non si trova dentro altre cartelle, ma nella radice principale.

- La cartella non è condivisa con nessun utente.

- Ho eliminato un paio di condivisioni per esser sicuro di non stare superando il limite.

Ciononostante non riesco a creare il link ed ottengo come risposta: "Non hai l'autorizzazione per creare un link in questa cartella"

Qualcuno può aiutarmi a risolvere questo problema?

Grazie a tutti.

Highlighted

Re: Non hai l'autorizzazione per creare un link a questa cartella

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Grazie per aver postato @Riccardo_66!

Dovremo esaminare questo con te insieme ad alcune informazioni specifiche dell'account attraverso il nostro canale di supporto.

Puoi controllare le opzioni disponibili per il tuo piano qui, per contattare il team.

Se hai problemi a creare un ticket, fammelo sapere e posso aiutarti da parte mia.

Fatemi sapere se avete domande!

-----

Thanks for posting @Riccardo_66!

We will need to look into this with you alongside some account specific info through our Support channel.

You can check out the options available for your plan here, to reach out to the team.

If you have any trouble creating a ticket, let me know and I can assist from my side.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?