cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You run out of space on Dropbox

You run out of space on Dropbox

Tanya Kulik
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, my client did share her DropBox folders with me. I upload files there. But now I can't do that anymore because DropBox saying "You run out of space on Dropbox". The client says that she has free scape at her account. Could you please explain me what should I do, I do not wanna use buy business account, I just want to upload files into the customers folder.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Tanya Kulik wrote:

... DropBox saying "You run out of space on Dropbox". The client says that she has free scape at her account.

She may have space available in her account, but YOUR account has run out of space. SInce a shared folder exists and takes up space within your account, you need to have space available in your account so you can upload to the folder.

I do not wanna use buy business account, I just want to upload files into the customers folder.

If you don't need to access the files after you upload them, access your client to send you a File Request instead.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Tanya Kulik wrote:

... DropBox saying "You run out of space on Dropbox". The client says that she has free scape at her account.

She may have space available in her account, but YOUR account has run out of space. SInce a shared folder exists and takes up space within your account, you need to have space available in your account so you can upload to the folder.

I do not wanna use buy business account, I just want to upload files into the customers folder.

If you don't need to access the files after you upload them, access your client to send you a File Request instead.

Need more support?