cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You run out of space on Dropbox

Highlighted

You run out of space on Dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, my client did share her DropBox folders with me. I upload files there. But now I can't do that anymore because DropBox saying "You run out of space on Dropbox". The client says that she has free scape at her account. Could you please explain me what should I do, I do not wanna use buy business account, I just want to upload files into the customers folder.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Tanya Kulik wrote:

... DropBox saying "You run out of space on Dropbox". The client says that she has free scape at her account.

She may have space available in her account, but YOUR account has run out of space. SInce a shared folder exists and takes up space within your account, you need to have space available in your account so you can upload to the folder.

I do not wanna use buy business account, I just want to upload files into the customers folder.

If you don't need to access the files after you upload them, access your client to send you a File Request instead.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Tanya Kulik wrote:

... DropBox saying "You run out of space on Dropbox". The client says that she has free scape at her account.

She may have space available in her account, but YOUR account has run out of space. SInce a shared folder exists and takes up space within your account, you need to have space available in your account so you can upload to the folder.

I do not wanna use buy business account, I just want to upload files into the customers folder.

If you don't need to access the files after you upload them, access your client to send you a File Request instead.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?