cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing

Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing

eminecagman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I paid my subscription fee last month on 29th of August, but still receiving "Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing" this email, please solve this problem. it is so annoying

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey peeps!

This notification pops up when you are close or at your limit of your storage. Could you please check how much space is being used up by navigating to your Plan tab?

Through the Plan tab, you can see your current subscription, as well as more details on your storage, such as how much space is available, and how much is being used up by regular files and shared content. 

If you’re looking to make space, you can do so by removing unwanted folders and files or by leaving shared folders/files. For more info on what happens when you delete files/folders, check out this article

Please bear in mind that when you reach the limit of your storage then file syncing will stop. Files won’t be removed, and syncing will resume when you bring your account under your quota again.

Finally, if you upgraded through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, then I’d kindly recommend contacting them for more info on your subscription. 

I hope this helped! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @Borney

In order to further investigate on this then, we’d have to continue this via email. Would it be alright with you if I emailed you to the email address associated with your Forum profile? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Borney
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having same issue and it is the 3rd time within the last 6 weeks. Stating my dropbox is 121.1% of 3.8 GB when I do not have that much on my dropbox, verified that yesterday. Not sure what the issue is but now cannot add/save/edit anything on my dropbox. Let me know if you get an answer. Thanks!

Messino
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

+1 Same here, mine was vinculated with my app store but could't charge this cause I lost that credit card. The suscription is now renewed trough App store but my 1TB space is not back and stills asking for payment... Need to fix this ASAP, I have a too large render queue to deliver, Please fix!!!  

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey peeps!

This notification pops up when you are close or at your limit of your storage. Could you please check how much space is being used up by navigating to your Plan tab?

Through the Plan tab, you can see your current subscription, as well as more details on your storage, such as how much space is available, and how much is being used up by regular files and shared content. 

If you’re looking to make space, you can do so by removing unwanted folders and files or by leaving shared folders/files. For more info on what happens when you delete files/folders, check out this article

Please bear in mind that when you reach the limit of your storage then file syncing will stop. Files won’t be removed, and syncing will resume when you bring your account under your quota again.

Finally, if you upgraded through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, then I’d kindly recommend contacting them for more info on your subscription. 

I hope this helped! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Borney
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
No this is irrelevant. It is giving us false information for how full of capacity it is. Its stating 120% and I just went through and there is not that much. Need reply ASAP!!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey, @Borney!

Could you please send me a screenshot (omitting any personal info) as to where you’re seeing this discrepancy? Are you seeing a different space reported elsewhere? 

Let me know! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Borney
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Yes but i emailed it back to the forum email. How do I attach it in here??

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Since it’s an image, you can do it from either options as shown below on my screenshot:

Attach image.png

Let me know if this does the trick for you, @Borney!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Borney
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Screenshot_2018-09-21-14-08-55_2.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the screenshot, @Borney!

Do you see the same size being reported via the website if you navigate to the Plan tab by:
  1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click on your avatar on the top right corner of your screen. 
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Navigate to the Plan tab.
If you do, then please note that your account is reporting to be over the storage limit. 

In order for it to sync again, as mentioned previously, you’ll have to make space by removing unwanted folders and files or by leaving shared folders/files. For more info on what happens when you delete files/folders, check out this article

Let me know of any update!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    Frustrated customer Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?