cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing

Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing

eminecagman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I paid my subscription fee last month on 29th of August, but still receiving "Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing" this email, please solve this problem. it is so annoying

20 Replies 20

Borney
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
No you guys are not listening. This is a glitch! It has happened before,and I need,it resolved now. Its not on my end. I do not have that much space used or shared files. Thanks.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @Borney

In order to further investigate on this then, we’d have to continue this via email. Would it be alright with you if I emailed you to the email address associated with your Forum profile? 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Borney
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Yes. Of course

bayviewbuildersinc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
my plan has 2 tb.  i am using 95g or the two tb.
why do i get messages like this:  

Hi Cheryl,
Your Dropbox is full and is no longer syncing files. New files added to your Dropbox folder won't be accessible on your other devices and won't be backed up online.
Upgrade your Dropbox today and get up to 3 TB (3,000 GB) of space and powerful sharing features.

by the way,   I am not Cheryl...  My name is Brian Purcell
my email address is [removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @bayviewbuildersinc; thanks for joining the discussion here. 

Can you please clarify where exactly are you receiving those messages? For example, are they a notification within the app or an email? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

kcshannon333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is so distracting and annoying!!!  I have done EVERYTHING to get this pop up notification to stop. I KNOW I am out of space and do not wish to upgrade.  There is no option to say that I don't want to upgrade.  This pop up is relentless.

I have looked in the notification area of the dropbox app.  None of the notification boxes are checked off.  So it doesn't make sense.

I've also tried the "automation" area in the app.  No luck there.

I have checked settings on my actual PC and dropbox isn't listed as an app with notifications.

Make the madness stop!

Frustrated customer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I keep getting incessant messages telling me my account stopped synching, because it's too full. I don't don't want more space. I don't want to add new files. I just want it to store those files. They won't stop emailing! Is my account at risk of losing the files already uploaded? Is there anywhere to email for support?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

So, there is a risk if you are over quota as while it hasnt happened previously the terms and conditions do state that they can delete files or accounts which are consistently over quota. 

I do suggest removing files from the account to reduce the quota. You can also look at notifications at www.dropbox.com/account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Frustrated customer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you, Mark! Will they notify before they start deleting? And by notify, I don't mean telling folks to upgrade or that it isn't syncing. I mean straight up telling a person that they will start deleting by <insert date>.
I'm surprised it uploads at all if it's over and that they would then have a problem with what their app allowed.

The link was helpful, as I discovered I could unsubscribe from general space limit notifications. They sent them way too often. Hopefully they will still tell me if they plan to delete, as I'm waiting on a new computer.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

At a guess they would tell you - they certainly tell people before they close accounts for inactivity.... however, whether you get/read/acknowledge is a diff matter!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    Frustrated customer Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?