cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

After using a 30 day free trial period offered by Dropbox, I decided not to upgrade. Since then I keep on receiving emails telling me my Dropbox is full and I should take a monthly subscription to upgrade. Does this mean that to continue using Dropbox after a free trial one is forced to pay for an upgrade? If so Dropbox is misleading its users and using dishonest practices...

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Your Dropbox is full and no longer syncing

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

The basic Dropbox account only gives you 2 GB of space. It's likely that you added more than that while you had the premium trial so now that you've 'downgraded' you're getting a warning. If you have files you can remove to get you below 2 GB it should stop giving you a warning. If you need more than that, then you can get a bit of extra space by referring new users and stuff, or else, yes - you would be forced to pay for more space.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?