cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your screenshot can't be saved.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I set up DB to take my screenshots.   It worked for a while, but now whenever I try to take a screenshot it get this error message:

You don’t have permission to save files in the location where screen shots are stored.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Your screenshot can't be saved.

Dropboxer

Hi,

Can you please try to disable screenshots saving to your Dropbox folder and then re-enable them, this should reset and resolve your issue for you.

You can find out how to change desktop app settings here:

www.dropbox.com/help/166

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi,

Can you please try to disable screenshots saving to your Dropbox folder and then re-enable them, this should reset and resolve your issue for you.

You can find out how to change desktop app settings here:

www.dropbox.com/help/166

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

No, that didn't work.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox, 

I also tried this and was unable to accomplish this as well and am still receiving the error message "Your Screenshot Can't be Saved" Cannot write file to intended destination. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @sdgpv & @mcollett01; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear you're having issues with syncing your screenshots.

Can you please let me know the exact OS of your devices that are having this problem?

Have you perhaps tried reinstalling our desktop app in an attempt to troubleshoot this? 

Keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?