cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all my DOCUMENTS: XL, WORD have been deleted from my work files in Microsoft 365 10

all my DOCUMENTS: XL, WORD have been deleted from my work files in Microsoft 365 10

dodobox
Explorer | Level 3

URGENT!!!!!

My IT Company cannot retrieve as the Dropbox app is blocking all or have deleted

I have tried & tried to find a phone number in Australia to no avail for assistance and am forced to communicate in an open forum.

I require urgent help please

3 Replies 3

Re: all my DOCUMENTS: XL, WORD have been deleted from my work files in Microsoft 365 10

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @dodobox, I'm sorry to hear about that!

Your Support options depend on your account's current plan, which you can check out here. I'd be happy to help out from here though.

Can you just confirm for me, have you tried using these steps to see if you can restore any deleted files from Dropbox, if you're not able to locate the files in your account?

Also, it does sound a little strange that the app would be blocking the restoration of any files. Can you let me know some more info on this?

Eg. Are you receiving any errors when trying to restore the files locally from the computer?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: all my DOCUMENTS: XL, WORD have been deleted from my work files in Microsoft 365 10

dodobox
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the reply but has no solution.

A phone call from a Dropbox tech person or Billing or someone would be quicker and more professional to solve the issue and allow ALL my files to be released back into my Microsoft 365 10 Account.

I had heard of Dropbox but it was not of interest to me as it was not a system I required, I was more than happy with Microsoft 365 for my needs.

I also am NOT a Company which it appears that this is the only thing they want having experienced 3 days of trying to contact a PERSON to no avail.

SITUATION

I received an email with very important information with a Dropbox http address, saved it, but it saved only to drop box. Then I learnt up to 7 days it is then deleted.

I thought if I took up the Trial of Dropbox I could retrieve it that way. No but to my Horror all my files of 20 plus years of Business and Personal had dropbox icons on them.

PLEASE NOTE!!

I do not have an account, have never had an account, have never wanted an account

I did not sign up for an account and make payment for an account

To try & retrieve a file sent to me via Dropbox I opened the trial offer 

You  have all my files and I have none AND THEY ARE STUCK in DROPBOX 

IMPORTANT!!! Before you do anything I must be contacted by phone as my IT Company has tried to retrieve from my hard drive and various systems have changed. We need to know what you do at your end first ie. create a file OR whatever to receive all my files back that don't belong to Dropbox

This is extremely Serious and the toing and froing of emails is not going to solve it

Thank you

Daphne
Dropboxer
I'm afraid that phone support is only available to Dropbox Business users at the moment, and the Support options available to you depend on your current plan @dodobox.

From what you've mentioned, if you started a trial for Dropbox, then you have created a Dropbox account, most likely this will be under the same email address you receive the Dropbox link from.

Also, since you mentioned that the files on your computer have Dropbox sync icons, it seems that you've also downloaded the desktop app too.

As I mentioned, I'd be happy to help out from here, but I'd need a little more info on the situation to be able to best advise on what actions to take.

Is this indeed the case, that you see the Dropbox app syncing files on your computer? They will show a green tick icon as shown here.

Do you see a Dropbox icon showing next to the time/date display on your computer too?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?