cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all of my files are gone except one shared folder

all of my files are gone except one shared folder

New member | Level 2

logged on after about 9 months and all of my files are missing except one shared folder.

I'm specifically looking for an older shared folder from 2010? which I know was on there in the beginning of the year. Kind of alarmed to see all of my files missing. 

I had a free account from when Dropbox first started that I was able to wrack up enough storage from referrals... did something change that I'm not aware of? Looks like you can still have a free account... I don't have any emails noting a change in requirements. 

I'm not able to recover any files because it says I haven't recently deleted anything - Can someone please help me!

1 Reply 1

Re: all of my files are gone except one shared folder

Dropboxer

Hey there @sabos1; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about your missing files.

I'm not sure if that's the case, but can you please check if you're looking at the correct account by checking your overall quota under your account's plan tab? Does it show the additional quota from the referrals you mentioned there?

If you made sure you're not seeing another account, do you see any files in your homepage or any activity in your events page? 

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?