cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup files to Pcloud services

backup files to Pcloud services

djjem64
New member | Level 2

I need to backup my files to pCloud services but am not able to do so. Can you please help me with this. (are there settings I need to change to allow this?)

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@djjem64 wrote:

I need to backup my files to pCloud services but am not able to do so. Can you please help me with this. (are there settings I need to change to allow this?)

Dropbox does not have support for syncing to other cloud service platforms. You'd have to manually copy files between the competing services, or use a third-party service to sync files between services.

djjem64
New member | Level 2

thank you

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @djjem64,

Dropbox doesn't support cooperation to any other competitive service, but pCloud support such (including cooperation with Dropbox). Do whatever you want through pCloud' site. That's possible there! 😉

Hope this helps.

gdbcom
New member | Level 2

Hello all!

I used the third-party back-up process with pCloud in order to back-up all my dropbox data (798.9 GB) to pCloud.  pCloud indicates that the process is complete with 772 GB (1303 folders); however, there is a difference of 26.9 GB that is in my dropbox that is NOT in my pCloud.  Communicating with both pCloud support AND dropbox support has been unsuccessful in determining what 26.9 GB of data did not make it to my pCloud. Going through the back-up process again would take another 4 days.  This is time-sensitive to have a full back-up on pCloud asap.  I'm at a loss for where the problem is, and so are the tech reps with both platforms!  I have made sure that no file/folder names in dropbox contain any special characters that might be a problem.  Then, besides MANUALLY counting the folders (which would take too long), dropbox says there's no way to know how many folders are in my dropbox account because I was going to see if I could locate some missing folders since pCloud can show me that my pCloud account has 1303 folders (however I cannot determine how many folders are in my dropbox account). 

***I am only able to use the website versions of these platforms, so I am not using the desktop apps.

I'm reaching out here to see if anyone has any solution ideas? 

Thanks in advance. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @gdbcom,

You can try split your data in smaller portions and try step by step to see where the issue is. Possible corner cases are special files, that can be used as they are, only in Dropbox (like Dropbox paper, gdocs, etc). In such a way if something goes wrong, you wont need to repeat everything, but only the part that fails (in less time 😉).

Good luck.

gdbcom
New member | Level 2

Yes, I understand dropbox doesn't offer support for this.

What third-party service would you be referring to?  I used the one within pCloud...

Thanks!

Rich
Super User II

@gdbcom wrote:

What third-party service would you be referring to?

MultCloud is one of many such services. Try a Google search for "cloud file transfer" and you'll find several.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    gdbcom New member | Level 2
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?