cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

camera upload, uploads everything!

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Spoiler

hi, i turn on the camera upload in my android phone, how i choose what to upload to dropbox? if i turn on, it uploads everything! (camera folder, screenshots folder, whatsapp folder, etc) i just want to upload the CAMERA files, how i do that?

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: camera upload, uploads everything!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @chaviro, thanks for nudging us on the Dropbox Community - welcome aboard!

When you enable the camera uploads on your mobile, photos from your Camera Roll folder will upload to the Camera Uploads folder in your Dropbox account. 

If you want to add specific photos to your Dropbox account only, you can manually upload them following these steps

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

hi, thanks 4 the reply,  i understand the point of if i enable the camera roll will upolad, but it uploads the whatsapp iamge folder, the screenshots folders, all the images in my phone go up, i just want to back up in my dropbox specificly the camera folder, not everything else.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @chaviro

Hmm. Out of curiosity, are the WhatsApp images and the screenshots placed into your Camera Roll at some point or are they saved in it by any chance? Could it be a third party app that saves a copy of them in it? 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

in my gallery i have like 10 folders, screenshots, camera roll, download images..... but i notice something. i have a micro sd inserted.  i read in the "samsung cloud" that i cant upload the photos IN the memory, i need to move tu internal memory... this will be the same case?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

in my gallery i have like 10 folders, screenshots, camera roll, download images..... but i notice something. i have a micro sd inserted.  i read in the "samsung cloud" that i cant upload the photos IN the memory, i need to move tu internal memory... this will be the same case?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @chaviroquai - thanks for nudging me on this thread.

Although I'm not aware of cases where the micro SD affects the the camera uploads feature in such a way, I'm happy to look into this with you a bit more in-depth. 

Could you submit a ticket to our Support team and let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) that gets created? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?