cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't see comments on files at all

can't see comments on files at all

New member | Level 2

I need to look at the comments my teacher left on my posts so I can make changes per her feedback, but anytime I try to look at a comment by hovering or clicking on the yellow comment bubble, all I get is the 'select an area to comment on' popup and nothing else. Clicking on the comment button on the right sidebar does nothing. How can I fix this and see the comments?

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 2.59.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.09.29 PM.png

1 Reply 1

Re: can't see comments on files at all

Dropboxer

Hi there @noellebetkowski, thanks for reaching out. 

Generally, all comments of a file are on the right side of the page. 

If there's a selected area that contains a comment, you're right, clicking on it won't do anything.

What you can do is click on its yellow outline and that should redirect you to the relevant comment. 

Could you give that a try and let me know how it goes? 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?