Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

change files but link should stay

Explorer | Level 3

I have to change the files every week but the link should stay the same. What do I have to do

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Betreff: change files but link should stay

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @christian2019, thanks for reaching out here and apologies for the tardy reply!

If you edit and update a file, the most recent version of the file will be seen from the link. There's no need to create a new link when you've made changes to the file.

You can always double check how the file will be viewed by opening the shared link in an incognito/private browsing window to recreate how the recipients see the file.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hello Daphne,

This is not the case now - at least not with my account.  Since November 15, everytime I copy over a file, the original link is broken and I have to go to Explorer and select 'Copy Dropbox Link' to get an entirely new link.  It looks like what is happening now is when I save a new version of a file, Dropbox is deleting the original file and creating a new one instead of editing it.  Here is a screen shot showing the difference between November 13 and November 15.Edited by moderatorEdited by moderator

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Someone is responding to another message of my - if I see some resolution, I'll update this message as well.

Thanks!

-Mark

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for updating me here @markbroemer

Since you're already troubleshooting this with Walter and our Support team, I'd suggest to continue there so we can keep all the relevant info in one place and make it easier for you too.

If there's anything else that I can assist with in the meantime, don't hesitate to get back to me here. 

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?