cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.dropbox.chime.electron

Highlighted

com.dropbox.chime.electron

New member | Level 2

Hi, I have a Mac Pro that is nearly full and storing my files on Dropbox, and I have two problems. First, I am using SmartSync on every folder,  but it still counts against my hard drive storage, which is very frustrating but seems consistent with everything I have found by searching help. I am thinking of buying an external hard drive to store my local copy of Dropbox files, which seems silly but what else is there to do.

But, secondly, there is a folder in the Library named com.dropbox.chime.electron/PaperData/Bundles that is more than 50GB. There are hundreds of folders in here with small files in them; the folders have names like bundle_1585097575.60 There are small documents in here, including javascript files and other things that I can't identify.  Do you have any idea what these are and can I throw them away?  This would at least buy me some time to figure out how to get the syncing issue resolved. Maybe it's not a dropbox issue, except it's showing up in the name of the folder.

thank you very much in advance, especially for not calling me an idiot  

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: com.dropbox.chime.electron

Dropboxer

Hi there @koko63, thanks for dropping by. 

Since you've enabled Smart Sync on your files, could you send us a screenshot showing the storage discrepancy so that we have a better visual of what you're seeing?

If you have any trouble attaching an image, you can send it to us as a shared link, instead. 

As for your second question, it sounds like the files you're seeing are cache files. 

Could you just clarify for me if they are inside your Dropbox folder?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?