cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complete folder and files map

complete folder and files map

lowcarbon
New member | Level 2

Our folder structure has grown organically and we have 30 users across multiple shared folder - but not under a common centralised team structure.  I was hoping there would be a smart way of doing an inventory (visual or table map or log) of how all our files are held, owned, shared.  From what I can see this isn't possible?
So as a plan B, what would be the best way to systematically log our current use, or migrate all our disparate folders and files into a team shared environment without causing chaos?

Any suggestions welcome!

1 Reply 1

Re: complete folder and files map

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @lowcarbon, thanks for messaging the Community!

As you're aware, currently it isn't possible to create a visual folder/file structure view of your Dropbox accounts, or of other users on the same Business plan.

Regarding this matter, there isn't a simple way to log the current usage of users, beyond the activity log in the admin console.

While it is a little outdated, since there is the option to restrict access to folders now, my old thread about team structures might help in a way to make your team structure with groups and teams folders. When you do decide to move all the files across to the new structure, it's best to do it when no one, (or at least, the minimum possible) number of people access the account to prevent duplication or data loss.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?