cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computers not all syncing

computers not all syncing

tonymanning
Explorer | Level 3

i have the free drop box version i just use it for transferring song files between my locations for 5 years no problems but today i opened up my desktop and there are only two old files in drop box on my desktop computer the 7 new ones i put in drop box  on my laptop windows 8 went in ok and also show on my ipad but my windows 8 desktop does not show them its stopped syncing it keeps asking me to sign in  but i am already singed in to drop box i never sign out it worked great over the past 5 years and i have not changed anything all 3 of the devices used to sync until this morning anyone got any ideas none of the answerers on the site work and i cant phone as i have no phone contact number for them i know i am limited to only three syncs and its been fine for five years only two working now the laptop and ipad are synced the desktop will not 

4 Replies 4

Re: computers not all syncing

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @tonymanning, happy Friday! 

Can you check your app's version and syncing status on the device that isn't aligned with the content you see on the others? 

Also, feel free to take a look at this Help Center article. 

Keep me posted on the results.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

tonymanning
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you Meagan fir your reply i have the free version of Dropbox there are no toolbars on the top for doing anything when I first installed it around 3 years ago I just downloaded it on to my 3 devices and the all synced without me doing anything no matter which Dropbox I dragged files into the alleard on all my devices now the desktop computer doesn't see them only my windows laptop and my iPad which still work fine I dont know how to tell the to all sync together with no toolbars to click on and im afraid of doing anything that may effect the other two devices that may bugger them up to

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @tonymanning, sorry to jump in. 

It sounds like the desktop app on your desktop computer is not running at the moment. 

Could you locate the Dropbox icon in your menu bar/system tray on the affected device and let us know its exact status?

If it's not running, you may need to relaunch it from your apps folder or even re-install it. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

tonymanning
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Walter I will try and check that and get back to you
Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tonymanning Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?