cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying .mp3 file from here to facebook

copying .mp3 file from here to facebook

Explorer | Level 3

am trying to copy .mp3 file to a facebook page. i need step by step instructions. i'm a senior citizen that requires hand holding...

2 Replies 2

Re: copying .mp3 file from here to facebook

Dropboxer

The first thing that popped into my head was shared links. You can copy-paste a link to a file in your account by, for example, email, Facebook, or Twitter. Shared links are view-only, users don’t need to have a Dropbox account to view its contents, and by default anyone with the link can view and download its contents. I’d kindly recommend checking out this article though, which mentions shared link or file request errors to bear in mind. 

The other thought was that, if you have the desktop app installed on your computer, you should be able to upload the file like you would with any other file. Your Dropbox folder is like any other folder on your computer and so attaching a file should be achievable in the same manner.  

I hope this came in handy to some extent. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: copying .mp3 file from here to facebook

New member | Level 2

Nope, it is the end of 2020 and you still can’t upload any audio files to Facebook.

You can upload your Mp3 to a file hosting service such as Dropbox.

However, you can turn your audio file into a video and post the video to Facebook.
And I highly suggest you doing so since videos are way more engaging than images and texts.

I created a tool that allows you to turn audio files into videos (for free) with waveforms and subtitles, here’s a link: http:confused face:/vokal.co/

I also wrote a blog article/guide on how to Upload your MP3 Audio to Facebook by turning it into a video.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?