cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: datbase executable programs

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey again @quido!

When you're accessing your files, there shouldn't be any difference if you're accessing them through the desktop app or your file browser.

When the desktop app is no longer running, the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer.

To see if the desktop app is causing this issue, we ask that you close the desktop app and try opening the file again to see if you still get the error message.

When you open the file through your file browser without the error, can you let me know if you still see the Dropbox icon in your system tray near your device's time display?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

When I try to open a dropbox file from my exe program I become the attached

message in dutch (files can not be viewed in the example view)

Schermafdruk 2020-02-14 13.39.41.pngmessage 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@quido wrote:

message in dutch (files can not be viewed in the example view)

You're trying to open a file through the Dropbox website, and that file type is not supported for file previews. That's what the message means.

You need to open the file on your computer, directly from the Dropbox folder, in order to be able to view it normally in whatever application is meant to open it.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?