cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted Dropbox from Mac... have now lost all my files and cant access desktop or time machine.help

deleted Dropbox from Mac... have now lost all my files and cant access desktop or time machine.help

dannywatson
New member | Level 2

downloaded dropbox.. it synched with my mac.. i didnt want this so deleted it.. it has taken all my files... i can no longer access desktop as it says original file does not exist... ive lost everything .. when i log in to my dropbox on line all files are there but it wont let me download them

1 Reply 1

Re: deleted dropbox from Mac... have now lost all my files and cant access desktop or time machin...

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @dannywatson, let's see what we can do here. 

It sounds like computer backup was turned on when you installed the desktop app, which added your computer folders to your Dropbox folder. 

In this case, you can reinstall the desktop app and turn the feature off by following these steps

During this process, you'll be given the option to move the files back to their original locations. 

Could you give that a try and let me know how it goes? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?