cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: deleted pictures/account

deleted pictures/account

snowingly
New member | Level 2

i had a bunch of videos and pictures on my dropbox account and they're gone. i do not have any other dropbox accounts. is there a reason this happened and a way to get them back? 

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@snowingly wrote:

i had a bunch of videos and pictures on my dropbox account and they're gone. i do not have any other dropbox accounts. is there a reason this happened and a way to get them back? 

When was the last time you used the account? If it's been idle for more than a year, the account may have been deleted due to inactivity and you're now signed in to a new, empty account.

If you've been active on the account, then you can recover any files that were deleted within the last 30 days from your Deleted Files. For an idea of what may have happened, use your Events page.

snowingly
New member | Level 2
i honestly can't remember but i never went a year without looking in it because i had stuff in there i wanted to look at. i guess i could’ve gone a year but i don’t think so. so there’s no way to get them back?

Rich
Super User II

@snowingly wrote:
i guess i could’ve gone a year but i don’t think so. so there’s no way to get them back?

If the account was deleted, no, there's no way to get back any files that were once in it. They're already gone. If they were deleted recently and are still listed in your Deleted Files, you can recover them from that page.

snowingly
New member | Level 2
alright. thank you for your help.
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?