cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: desktop blank

katharina3
New member | Level 2

hey guys, 

i have an dropbox issue. installed a new account a few days ago. unfortunately I hid the back up/snyc button. so all my folders left on my Mac. I stopped it and deleted dropbox (maybe not the smartest thing to do). but since my desktop is blank, I still see that folder in finder but not on my display. if its understandable... 

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@katharina3 wrote:
... I stopped it and deleted dropbox (maybe not the smartest thing to do). but since my desktop is blank, I still see that folder in finder but not on my display. ... 

Hi @katharina3,

Yes, 🙂 You have done something "not the smartest thing to do". For us not to repeat everything, take a look here. I believe you can get idea what's going on. 😉

Hope this helps.

katharina3
New member | Level 2

thank you! so I'm not the only one... but I have no idea how to solve it. 

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@katharina3 wrote:
... I stopped it and deleted dropbox (maybe not the smartest thing to do). ... 

@katharina3 wrote:

... but I have no idea how to solve it.

How can be solved something deleted?! 🤔 If didn't wiped out still permanently, recover it. 😉 Read more careful everything referred by the link! There are many different situations together with possible solutions. It's meaningless copying/pasting everything here.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?