cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappearing files

disappearing files

bla1776
New member | Level 2

I transfer daily files to dropbox, and then occasionally, after a few days or weeks, these daily files (in a folder labeled with the transfer date), disappear from the folder. Obviously, this presents a problem. The structure of the file tree is the month, and inside the month is a daily breakdown by the date:

february 2021
etc.

These folders remain, but the contents may disappear, even though I have not deleted anything.

Any help?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: disappearing files

Rich
Super User II

@bla1776 wrote:

These folders remain, but the contents may disappear, even though I have not deleted anything.

Either you or some process on one of your devices is deleting the files. Dropbox can't do it on its own. Check your Events page for any deletion events. You can also recover one of the files and view its version history, to see where the deletion occurred.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@bla1776 wrote:

Either you or some process on one of your devices is deleting the files. Dropbox can't do it on its own. Check your Events page for any deletion events. You can also recover one of the files and view its version history, to see where the deletion occurred.

View solution in original post

bla1776
New member | Level 2

Thanks, that makes sense.  Appreciate your quick response!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?