cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading photos problem

downloading photos problem

David1956
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all i have a problem downloading photos from the dropbox app whilst on my iphone to my iphone camera roll, I can't seem to or fathom how to do it.

Whilst on my iphone in the dropbox app how/can I move photos to my camera roll?

Can I also move photos from the dropbox app whilst on a laptop to my iphone camera roll if so how?

If and when I do manage to get the photos across do they come across with their original date they were taken or the new transferred date?

Many thanks to any assistance it is very much appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Re: downloading photos problem

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi @David1956, thanks for reaching out!

What you can do, to download files/photos from the Dropbox app to your phone is to export them.

If you have the same Dropbox account linked to both your phone and your laptop, you should see the same photos on both of these devices.

And lastly, the original metadata of the photos (date, etc.) should be kept when you export them to your phone. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?