cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

NoaMB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder.

The problem started about two months ago and was on and off, but for the past two weeks it appears all the time and nothing is imported from my Iphone.

I'm using macbook pro Sierra, Iphone 6 and DB with 1TB of space - all updated to their latest version.

Please help!

Noa.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mvera
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I know how to fix this, at least it worked for me, so first, make sure to download the latest version of Dropbox, then go to the menu tray, you know where the little Dropbox icon is next to WIFI signal, click there, then click the gear icon, preferences, account and click "unlink this dropbox", it will log you off from Dropbox account and that's okay, log in again  and connect your iPhone again and voila! I decided to share my experience, so anyone finds it easy to solve, it took me quite a while to figure out, after trying everything, restarting, redownloading, etc... 

View solution in original post

dpbraun15071
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's been intermittent for me, but when it happens, I was able to resolve it by 

1. clicking on the dropbox icon
  2. clicking on the settings gear
  3. clicking on preferences
  4. clicking on the import tab
  5. unchecking the "Enable camera uploads for..." checkbox
  6. Closing that options screen
  7. Repeat steps 1-4 above
  8. checking the "Enable camera uploads for..." checkbox

Then it started importing everything

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @NoaMB,

Try following the steps below:

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel
• Choose "Preferences".
• Go to the "Import" tab.
• Uncheck and check again "Enable camera uploads for".

This will reset your Camera Upload settings for all your devices. So when you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it.

If the above won't help then you will have to email Dropbox Support for more personalised help 🙂

Kora

NoaMB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Kora!

I've tried that already, along with any other suggestion I've read here so far, but nothing worked 😞

Also, sent the DB support an email a few days ago but didn't hear back, still waiting on that...

Thank you!

jqgsninimo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks, worked just fine.

Steve D.11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
For what it's worth, this is happening for me too (Dropbox 16.4.30, iOS 10.2, OSX 10.12.2) - If I attach the phone, the new photos don't import. If toggle "Enable camera uploads", it will import the missing photos once, but if I later reconnect the phone to the computer it doesn't import new photos. (I've repeated this a half dozen times this weekend.)

NoaMB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Steve D.11 wrote:
For what it's worth, this is happening for me too (Dropbox 16.4.30, iOS 10.2, OSX 10.12.2) - If I attach the phone, the new photos don't import. If toggle "Enable camera uploads", it will import the missing photos once, but if I later reconnect the phone to the computer it doesn't import new photos. (I've repeated this a half dozen times this weekend.)

Exactly! so frustrating!

Zach Y.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the exact same problem, it's very irritating. I've restarted my iPhone 6 and my iMac, unchecked and checked the import option, unplugged and plugged my phone, tried all of these in different order. It worked, kinda. Two out of the 10+ times I've tried this over the last month, it's "found" a few more photos, choosing them randomly it seems from the selection of new photos. However, when I plugged in my Canon T5i, boom, it imported all the photos right away. 

PLEASE HELP DROPBOX TEAM!

"Dropbox didn't find any new pho...

Dropbox couldn't find any photos or 

videos on Zach's iPhone."

This is the first time I've had consistent trouble with iPhone photo imports since 2012, in the past it's happened a few times, nothing unplugging and plugging it back in didn't solve. 

Phil_L
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have had the same intermittent problems also since being on the latest macOS version of 10.12.2 and Dropbox 16.4.30. I also have a somewhat related issue where any video files from my iPhones imported by USB to my iMac appear corrupted and will not open or play. If I use other methods to import they are fine, but not through the desktop app Camera Uplods import option.

I have opened a ticket with Dropbox, so hopefully a future release will fix these issues. These only seemed to arise after updated to 10.12.2.

Michael G.140
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Exactly the same issue.

This began happening about a month ago. I've tried everything recommended, over and over, on multiple occasions. Restarted everything, checked things, unchecked, nothing works.

I've been archiving all my photos in Dropbox for years, like clockwork.

Now, inexplicably, it seems to be over.

I've got my most recent 1000+ stuck on my phone, unarchived.

What the hell?!

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey people,

Have you tried Basic Reinstall and then Restarting your computer?

Kora

Need more support?