cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

NoaMB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder.

The problem started about two months ago and was on and off, but for the past two weeks it appears all the time and nothing is imported from my Iphone.

I'm using macbook pro Sierra, Iphone 6 and DB with 1TB of space - all updated to their latest version.

Please help!

Noa.

39 Replies 39

Phil_L
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The latest update fixed my issues, not sure if it has resolved those for the others.

https://help.dropbox.com/photos-videos/camera-uploads-fix

mvera
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I know how to fix this, at least it worked for me, so first, make sure to download the latest version of Dropbox, then go to the menu tray, you know where the little Dropbox icon is next to WIFI signal, click there, then click the gear icon, preferences, account and click "unlink this dropbox", it will log you off from Dropbox account and that's okay, log in again  and connect your iPhone again and voila! I decided to share my experience, so anyone finds it easy to solve, it took me quite a while to figure out, after trying everything, restarting, redownloading, etc... 

Michael G.140
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This solution worked for me too, and continues to work. I too had tried everything else, but nothing else solved the problem.

It's utterly ridiculous that we should now have to disconnect and reconnect Dropbox every time we want to upload pictures/videos, but right now it's the only way that works.

By the way, Dropbox's response to the problem was not to offer a solution, but to send me a  series of questions (most of which I had answed in my original email, or implied that I was so clueless that I hadn't done something basic) and directives to provide them with various screenshots and filenames that would have taken me a chunk of time to fulfill (most of which were generic and unrelated to the problem). Their list follows:

"- Is the app crashing for you? If yes, could you explain the last thing you’re doing in the app before it crashes?"

"- Could you please send us a screenshot of your camera uploads settings page? You can find this page by going to the Recents tab, selecting the gear icon and scrolling down to the Camera Uploads section."
"- Could you please send us a screenshot of the “Photos” tab in the Dropbox app?"
"- When did this issue start happening?"
"- Is this issue happening to all photos and videos, or just specific ones? Could you provide us with a few example file names?"
"- Is this issue happening to both photos and videos, or just photos? If the issue is related to videos, please make sure that you have video uploads enabled in your camera uploads settings view."
"- Can you try uploading with both the WiFi-only and WiFi + Data setting? Does using one setting resolve the issue?"
"- If you are seeing duplicates, how many duplicates are being generated?
"- Could you send us a screenshot of your iCloud Photo settings? You can find this page by going to Settings → iCloud → Photos."
"- Could you send us a screenshot of your permissions settings for the Dropbox app? You can find this page by going to Settings → Dropbox."

"Thank you for your patience and I look forward to your response!"

Very frustrating.

dpbraun15071
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's been intermittent for me, but when it happens, I was able to resolve it by 

1. clicking on the dropbox icon
  2. clicking on the settings gear
  3. clicking on preferences
  4. clicking on the import tab
  5. unchecking the "Enable camera uploads for..." checkbox
  6. Closing that options screen
  7. Repeat steps 1-4 above
  8. checking the "Enable camera uploads for..." checkbox

Then it started importing everything

Steve D.11
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yeah, for me it's sufficient to just uncheck and re-check that box while the phone is connected.  But it only works for that time.  Subsequent connections will not auto-sync.

I did have it work once, when I had connected the phone to the computer while it was suspended and then unlocked the computer.

I suspect there is a timing issue involved - Dropbox is attempting to read the photos from the phone before the connection is fully ready to provide them. (Maybe still negotiating USB stuff or something.)

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Jean-Pierre M.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the infroamtion and comments.

I agree - DropBox is NOT helpful with this problem.

KR

tomh1168
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It worked!!! Thank you.

Rebecca S.22
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, THIS is the only thing that worked for me. thank you!

Uncheck the "enable camera uploads for: photos and videos" while the phone is still connected and has been for a few minutes.

kadocsa
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

SOLVED!

In my case it had to do with the "camera uploads" folder.

I just moved the photos I had inside the folder to a new folder, unchecked and checked the "enable camera uploads for" clickbox and it worked.

I think it had to do with the amount of photos inside the "camera uploads" folder.

Maybe there is a limit to it.

Need more support?