cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

NoaMB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder.

The problem started about two months ago and was on and off, but for the past two weeks it appears all the time and nothing is imported from my Iphone.

I'm using macbook pro Sierra, Iphone 6 and DB with 1TB of space - all updated to their latest version.

Please help!

Noa.

39 Replies 39

Garym57
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Absolutley None of the suggestions SO FAR have helped me I am desperate. the Preference to "UNLINLK" the Unchcking of Enable camera for uploads then recheck...

Nothing at all!!!!

Garym57
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Didnt work for me

kadocsa
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
EDIT: NOT SOLVED!!

Same problem again.

Very frustrating.

Hinx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This finally worked for me!  After unlinking, relinking, pausing, unpausing nightmare with the same "DropBox couldn't find any photos" All it took was to unclick and reclick that checkbox in preferences. THANK YOU!

Jane S.7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
This is not a solution for the actual problem. This is just a "when your dropbox forgets to check your phone." The actual problem is Dropbox NOT importing files because it thinks it has already imported them, which is has not.

ShinZe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
It did not work for me... I unlinked and re-linked as suggested.

I connect my Nikon camera to my computer and it used to work all well; but now only imported 40 out of hundreds pictures and doesn't recognise any new pictures from my camera. Could this be my camera's problem? or what?

Daniel N.14
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Finally started working after unchecking "Enable camera uploads for", closing, re-opening, and re-checking (had already signed out, upgraded, and signed in without it fixing the problem).

The bigger issue is:

Can I trust Dropbox to do the one thing I count on it to do, which is prevent me from losing photos/videos? The only reason I use Dropbox for my photos is so that my wife and I can have all of each other's photos (we share a Dropbox account). I'd use Google Photos except that last I checked, you have to select which photos go into the shared folder, and I just want to share everything. But if Dropbox is missing photos, then that defeats the purpose. And how can I know when Dropbox is missing something? While troubleshooting, Dropbox kept finding new photos, then saying it had everything or there was nothing, then finding more old photos. When can I trust that when Dropbox says there's nothing new, it really has everything?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Daniel N.14, welcome to our community! 

Yeah, toggling CU (Camera Uploads) on/off sometimes jump-starts the process, and gets things going again. I’m glad it worked for you! 

To ensure that our CU feature is capturing all your photos, we suggest that your equipment is always up to date: 
  • cell phone/mobile device operating system updated to the latest stable version
  • computer operating system up to date (if you’re connecting your mobile to it for the CU feature)
  • cell phone/mobile device is using the latest version of our mobile app 
  • computer is on the latest stable version of our desktop app

Anytime there is a change in the above, it’s a good idea to check on your uploads to make sure everything is still working smoothly. In other words, when there is a new operating system update, app update, or even an update or addition of other 3rd-party software, have a look to make sure that things are still good. If they’re not, then we suggest contacting our support team as soon as possible, so that you/we can focus our troubleshooting on the recent changes. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Welcome to our community, @ShinZe

Is this still going on? If so, can you make sure that you are using the latest stable version of our desktop app (49.4.68) and that your computer’s operating system is fully updated

Let me know. 
Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Daniel N.14
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you, @Sanchez. I'll keep an eye on it, but it's disconcerting, because when the USB process syncs and grabs some photos, I've always assumed it grabbed all of them. It was only because I happened to look for a particular photo and noticed that it wasn't synced that I discovered the problem. It turns out Dropbox was missing around a hundred photos and videos.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    MSchafer New member | Level 2
    DelivRyman New member | Level 2
    bernardosw New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?