cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox syncing continuously

dropbox syncing continuously

astahl
New member | Level 2

hi, my dropbox folder is continuously syncing. I have tried reinstalling & restarting dropbox on all my linked devices but it still says ïndexing" The smart sync & selective sync functions on the preferances freeze and dont respond when he click them. I have tried Fix permissions also to no avail.

2 Replies 2

Re: dropbox syncing continuously

ekaftan
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I have the same problem. I am using Ubuntu Linux and its unusable in all my devices.

I even tried removing the Dropbox folder completly and Selectively Sync file by file but once I hit a file it wont sync, Selective Sync never responds again and the dropbox process just goes to 100% and never wakes up again.

Its most likely a bug in Dropbox ubuntu version.

Its unusable enough that I am cancelling my Dropbox subscription at the end of the month.

Re: dropbox syncing continuously

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @astahl & @ekaftan; thanks joining our Community and sorry to hear about this. 

Can you please try installing the latest beta version of the desktop app and let us know if this persists? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?